Tuesday 13 September 2011

Foreign Language

Hello.

These days, I practice one song.

It's not Japanese music and the word is foreign language.

And, it's not English song.


......It's Russian song.

I learned Russian as second foreign language for 1 and half year.
And my friends and I practice it to sing in Russia(We will go to Russia this October)


So, what I want to write is
Russian language is not so popular in Japan.

By high school, almost all students only learn Japanese and English.
In university, some of students have to learn second foreign language.

In Japan, Chinese and French and Korean are popular as foreign language.
And Russian is not so popular, although Russia is neighbor country.


And, in Japan, learning second foreign language is not so popular.
Many Japanese people only focus on English when they want to be global person.

But, in Europe, learning second foreign language since they were young (One of my Austrian friends started learning Italian very young age and wants to study Italy. She is younger than me.)

And, learning language helps us understand different countries and cultures, I think.

We become happy if foreign people are interested in our own country and learn our own language.

So, I'll learn Russian, language of my favorite country.


How do you think about education of second foreign language? 

No comments:

Post a Comment